Tuesday, August 11, 2009

CHANGE OF SCHEDULE FOR THE RIBBON-CUTTING CEREMONIES AND OTHER STUFF

Class, IF YOU HAVE TIME, PLEASE DROP BY AT THE ET YUCHENGCO LOBBY ON FRIDAY, 12NN, FOR THE RIBBON-CUTTING CEREMONIES OF OUR MINI-EXHIBIT. I decidd to postpone it because I'm still trying to find a way how we can improve on the recording of your poetry reading. If there's anybody who can do it, please let me know. I will also invite the available faculty members to grace the event. Let's prepare a programme when we meet in class.

BTW, regarding your one-act plays, I just learned from our Dean that if we want to use the auditorium for our performances, we should schedule them not later than August 22, 2009, which is next Saturday already. This is because we cannot hold anymore activities at the auditorium the week before the finals. I think that's to help the students concentrate on their academic review. Plus, if we hold it in the auditorium, there are the sounds, lights, and other things that we have to take care of. You will also be preparing your props. The alternative venue is the multi-purpose hall. That's the room across the auditorium. I have told you before that I have seen plays performed in smaller rooms, pretty much the size of that hall. Let's talk about this more inside the class. Perhaps, we can delay the discussion of the novel until the 11th week to give way to the rehearsals of your plays. The scripts have to be done this week so that the practice can commence next week...

Aside from this, I also learned from Prof. Dinne that Letran Calamba is staging a musical play this Thursday and Friday. The play starts at 6PM, and the tickets cost P100 each. It's too late to make arrangements now, but you can go there on your own. Let's talk about this more, again, during our class. If you're interested, ask permission from your parents already. Remember, if you do decide to go, you'll be going with your friends, and not with me although I might see it on either of the two performance dates...

That's it. I guess. I hope this message of mine doesn't get erased because the first one did. God bless, class.

Ma'am Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment