Thursday, June 11, 2009

A BAPTISM OF FIRE:)

Hi, class. This is the blog I was talking to you about. You are all required to check out the entries in this blog regularly and post in the comments section of the related entry the photos which you have personally taken. These photos must be symbolic of a significant part of the respective reading material. Please be reminded that only one photo for each student for every reading material is required. Always provide your name and your section when making a post for identification and proper grading. Further details shall be given in class.

Aside from this blog, we also have a yahoo group which shall contain important presentations, files, announcements, and other resources. You are highly encouraged to join our group. Here is the address: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hum014_12009-10eduarte. The group name is hum014_12009-10eduarte. I will also be providing a link to the group in the links section of this blog.

Please be reminded that you have to create a blog specifically for our course. Your blog will largely be a PHOTO BLOG which means it should contain mostly photos and minimal text. The photos that you will be uploading in the comments section of our blog are NOT supposed to contain any text except for your name and section. Just make sure that you are posting on the relevant entry or literary piece. You can reserve your three to four-sentence-explanation on your own blog. Everybody is also highly encouraged to comment on the blogs of your classmates to make our blogging and learning experience more fruitful.

Upon creation of your personal blog, please e-mail your name, section, and blog address to me at jteduarte@mcl.edu.ph so that I can include it in my blog roll. Think about your BLOG TITLE well as this will signify your perception about the course. Create a profile, too, or a short description of yourself, and upload a photo of yourself or representative of yourself in the profile section of the blog. For your first entry, post a photo, which you personally took or was taken from the web or somewhere else, that is representative of your perception about LITERATURE: what it is, and why is it important? Include a one paragraph explanation. This is due before our third meeting, which means I should have received your e-mail containing your blog’s address at least a day before, the earlier the better. Create your blog using BLOGGER.COM since that is also what I’m using. You don’t have to pay for anything to create one.

I hope I am not daunting you this early with this task that I am requiring from you. The Internet has become so integrated in the lives of people now, that we cannot ignore its use in classroom learning. This is also a sign of how exciting our class will be, not without your enthusiastic contribution, of course. And it is my fervent hope that through our course and class discussions, we will indeed be able to MAGNIFY the excellence, the superb artistry and intellect, of our FILIPINO authors. It is also my wish that our course will spark an interest among those who have never laid their hands or eyes on literature before.

(If there is anything unclear about my instructions here, please feel free to comment on this entry, e-mail me, or approach me personally. Thank you. God bless to us.)

10 comments:

  1. nako si mam absent kanina, wag sana h1n1 yan mam! heheh :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having a difficulty in posting my photo on our class' blog..huhuhu..anyways,I already posted it on my own blog just like what i've said on the e-mail i've sent you..see you around po..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mam I can't post my photo on our blog. I don't know what to do next, sorry Mam it's my first time to have my own blog.:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ma'am, I'm trying to post the photo here, but there seems to be a problem. I just posted it on the blog with the paragraph. Thanks Ma'am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. dehin mapopost yung pictures dito sa comment box, the most na pwede gawin ay ipost dito yung url ng blog mo, pero meron nanaman si mam jan sa gilid, siguro parang confirmation message nalang dito kasi mahhyperlink agad yung name mo na nakalink sa blog mo pag pinindot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gud Eve mam! I already sent the url of my blog to your email but how can I know that you've already received it?
    tnx!

    from section A14

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi mam! I already sent the url of my blog about our famous author...
    tnx!

    A14

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm andro lemuel ortiz from A14

    ReplyDelete
  9. mam nakagaw na po ako nung first blog nu na po sunod na gagawin?


    andro from A14

    ReplyDelete
  10. -=+_hi ma'am..
    -=+_i think i'll not be able to continue hum014 now..
    -=+_ms. joy wants me to transfer in section A13 but the registrar said that it's already full and the other sections conflicts my sched..
    -=+_i hope when i take up hum014 next term, you'll be my prof..
    -=+_nice to have you as my prof! hehe
    -=+_god bless ma'am!
    -=+_see you around the school!! hehe

    ReplyDelete